Make a historic career move and join our family!
A Historic Hotel of America, The Wigwam is a AAA Four Diamond 440 acre resort nestled in the Litchfield Park community, celebrating over 90 years of history!
We are currently seeking a detail oriented, mechanically inclined, maintenance professional to join us as our Maintenance Pool Mechanic
We offer our employees the following benefits:
- One of the most comprehensive and affordable employee benefit/insurance programs in the hospitality industry
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401K Match
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meal Program
- Free Parking
- Discounts on Travel, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Restaurants, Hotel Rooms and more
Responsibilities will include:
- Diagnoses, repairs and maintains swimming pools, water fountains, and ater systems, filter systems, pumps, and equipment.
- Maintain the proper chemical balance for the pools.
- Maintains the pH and Chlorine values for good water quality.
- Maintain the pool and all water features using proper chemicals and cleaners.
- Maintain the pool pumps and filters.
- Maintain the pool area including cleaning of the water line tiles and other maintenance tasks.
- Respond to swimming pool related work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery or equipment.
- Repairs and maintains electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Transports and stores hazardous chemicals.
- Carrying out scheduled water cleaning, using chemicals like chlorine.
- Regularly testing swimming pool water quality and pH balance.
- Tests the chemical levels in public swimming pools and other water systems and adjusts as needed.
- Maintains manual records of all activities and prepares daily / weekly / monthly reports.
- Picks up trash and cleans pool and facility areas.
- Operates and inspects tools and equipment and makes adjustments and repairs.
- Operates vehicles and golf carts to transport various types of materials and equipment.
- Cleaning and servicing swimming pool filtration units.
- Servicing heating, circulation and de-humidifier systems.
- Fixing lights above and below water level.
- Use swimming pool vacuum cleaners to clean the pool floor.
- Use a telescopic pole with net to clean and remove any leaves or debris.
- Making sure equipment like slides are in good working order
- Logging and reporting equipment faults or water quality problems to managers.
- Maintain gates self-close and self-latch at all times
- Assist the engineering team with other maintenance tasks as needed
- Other tasks and duites as assigned