To solicit, confirm and detail profitable Catering business for the Hilton Raleigh North Hills in assigned market areas while ensuring that guests receive excellent service resulting in repeat business and referrals.
- Solicit business for assigned catering markets. Take incoming catering inquires for assigned markets. Follow through on all leads generated through a variety of sources, including networking events, fellow Sales and Catering Team Members and client referrals.
- Team up with fellow Sales and Catering Managers to conduct outside sales calls. Turn over leads received outside of your market to the appropriate Sales or Catering Manager.
- Meet or exceed personal solicitation and maintenance contact goals weekly. Track all contact activities in Delphi.
- Maintain accurate account information on assigned market segment.
- Correspond with clients in a timely and professional manner. Create accurate, detailed contracts and review them with clients to serve as written confirmation for clients and information for in-house operations. Ensure that any changes made to contracts are in writing and signed by the client and hotel management.
- Follow all Sales and Catering policies and procedures. These include:
- Follow set guidelines for length of time to hold tentative and prospective business
- Obtain signed contracts and addendums to contracts
- Generate contracts in a timely fashion so as to meet all required deadlines
- Establish appropriate credit procedures at time of original booking and follow-up to ensure the information is received and submitted to accounting. Coordinate follow-up on any client billing concerns with accounting and client as needed.
- Detail all Catering business personally booked and remain in contact with meeting planners throughout the sales and detailing process. Ask all appropriate questions and create BEOs within Company policies and standards, including all necessary details needed to host a successful function. If necessary for the group, create and distribute Resumes at least 10 days prior to function start date. Schedule and organize pre-convention meetings if necessary for the group.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to plan client menus, especially when customization is needed to fully satisfy the client.
- Secure payment for all events. Forward credit card authorizations and direct bill requests to Accounting for approval. Inform Director of Sales and Director of Catering in the event of undetermined or unsuccessful payment.
- Ensure that all BEOs and changes are signed by the client.
- Meet with onsite contacts at the start of their functions. Introduce contacts to key operational Team Members, and assist in leading and directing the banquet staff as needed throughout their events.
- Follow up with clients upon completion of their functions to gauge satisfaction, address concerns, solicit future business and solidify the relationship.
- Conduct site tours for prospective clients. Work with Operations departments to ensure that guest rooms and meeting space are suitable and ready for site tours. Work with the Executive Chef and Banquet Team to ensure that taste testing appointments are successful and present our food and services in the best possible light.
- Utilize budgeted funds to entertain clients and purchase items such as client appreciation or solicitation gifts. Follow set procedures for check requests and purchase orders.
- Prepare a personal action calendar annually. Work the action calendar throughout the year to achieve all goals outlined.
- Stay aware of industry trends by reviewing trade publications, shopping local competitors and attending networking functions.
- Familiarize yourself with all Hilton marketing programs. Promote Hilton programs whenever appropriate.
- Attend hotel meetings to include the weekly staff meeting, twice-monthly departmental meetings and assigned preconvention meetings.
- Promote teamwork and remain flexible in the work environment. Assist Team Members whenever necessary. Promote a positive work environment where everyone’s ideas are valued and considered.
- Maintain a positive image on behalf of the hotel while at work and in the Community. Follow all Hilton Raleigh North Hills policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Catering.