Help create the famous Southern hospitality Charleston is known for! Ranked as a South's #1 Best City of 2022 by Southern Living, Charleston is famous for its picturesque streets and a vibrant hospitality experience!
At the Hyatt Place/Hyatt House Charleston/Historic District we pride ourselves on being the best employer in the area. What sets us apart? Our culture, full benefit plans, including 401k with a company match and our lucrative bonus programs, to name a few. We are looking for talented people who have a genuine passion for service. Our Core Values involve personal development, people, and a desire for wanting them to succeed. We believe each member of our team has a key part to play in our delivery of outstanding service and memorable experiences for each guest. We want a hotel that people want to come to, not through. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Hyatt Place/Hyatt House Charleston/Historic District can mean for you!
We are seeking a skilled, committed, and passionate professional for the position of Steward at the Hyatt Place Hyatt House Hotel. This person will be responsible for providing the most professional service available through good, prompt, and courteous service.
The primary responsibilities for the Steward include but are not limited to:
1. Handles and washes all cups, silverware, flatware, cookware, and cooking utensils utilized daily in the operations.
2. Stores the above listed items in a neat and organized manner, always storing items in their assigned areas and using proper storing methods.
3. Empties all garbage cans and the disposal of all cardboard utilized by the culinary staff.
4. Cleans all trashcans and returning them to the proper areas of the kitchen.
5. Cleans all dish machines on a weekly basis.
6. Cleans kitchen equipment as required by the Sous Chef.
7. Cleans all floors throughout the culinary department and the mats used in these areas. (If applicable)
8. Disposes of broken glassware and dishes in a safe manner and in designated containers.
9. Ensures all walls and ceilings are always clean.
10. Ensure that all safety stations are properly always stocked.
11. Arrives for work on time and in proper uniform.
12. All other duties requested by management team.
Software Powered by iCIMS