Location: Hilton Raleigh North Hills
To manually set up, break down, and service all meeting rooms in accordance with Pyramid Hotel Group high standards of quality. To collect all service ware and allocate in accordance with event order to supply function.
• Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work.
• Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance-floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
• Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh water.
• Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
• Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
• Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
• Anticipate equipment needs from event orders and count same.
• Mandatory attendance for monthly departmental meetings.
• Practice "Teamwork" and "Clean as you Go" policies.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Groups from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotel Groups rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by the supervisor to adhere to health standards.
• Completes other duties as assigned by the Management.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning up unexpected spills, or special guest requests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round, schoolroom, etc.,).
• Ability to understand verbal English sufficient to understand verbal job requests from supervisor and guests.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, record orders/requests, communicate with guest to explain and record orders.
• Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 80 lbs. through a crowded room. This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 1800 lbs.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school or any other combination of education training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School graduate preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior banquet experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Software Powered by iCIMS