The all-new Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites—Waterpark is a fun and fabulous addition to the Orlando area and an equally exciting place to work. Our staff is focused on providing fun and entertainent for families in a colorful, playful environment where top-quality service is a driving motivation. People of all ages enjoy our wide variety of services and amenities, including choice of 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom or 3-bedroom suites, a Waterpark with pool and slides, poolside entertainment, family activities, live entertainment, cozy cabanas and a poolside bar. We offer a shuttle to Disney World and Universal Orlando, and easy access to the Greater Orlando area—a wonderful area to live, work and play! Accept the challenge of helping us provide memorable, service-oriented experiences for our guests: Find the right job opportunity at the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando—Waterpark and apply today!
The Housekeeping Manager performs inspection duties in accordance with company standards for satisfactory performance.
Other essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Assigns work to Housekeeping staff and trains staff in housekeeping duties.
2. Addresses guests complaints regarding housekeeping service of equipment.
3. Reports need for room repairs to housekeeper.
4. Examines carpets, drapes, and furniture for stains, damage or wear.
5. Checks and counts linens and supplies and communicates needs to housekeeper.
6. Records inspection results and informs Housekeeping staff of inadequacies.
7. Verifies staffing is appropriate for business levels.
8. Operates hotel property management system.
9. Handles lost and found inquiries and all pertinent procedures.
10. Checks vacant, expected departure and discrepant rooms.
11. Issues and inventories keys.
12. Communicates with appropriate departments when necessary.
13. Conducts pre-shift meetings.
14. Cleans rooms and assists in laundry when necessary.
15. Inspects linen closets, storage areas.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises hourly employees in the Housekeeping Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization�s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: College Degree preferred. Must have at least two years housekeeping experience, and three years supervisory experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate clearly with guests, customers, supervisor and fellow employees in both english and spanish.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to analyze routine data to make appropriate judgements regarding the process of inspecting/cleaning guest rooms and supervisory duties.
Physical Demands: Must be able to push/pull/lift up to 50 pounds. Job frequently requires use of arms, hands, and fingers. Requires walking, sitting, crouching, kneeling, standing.
Hours: Due to the seasonal nature of the hospitality industry, and the fact that the hotel provides guest services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any employee may be required to work rotating shifts, night shifts, and/or overtime. Also, depending on the season, hours may be reduced at any time.
Software Powered by iCIMS