Location: Hilton Raleigh North Hills
Position Summary: Manage all functions of accounts receivable to ensure proper and efficient receipt of and posting of payments in compliance with the Accounting Department standards of operation. Additionally, assist with posting invoices and processing check payments in Accounts Payable when necessary.
- Make collection calls on all accounts over 30 days for Accounts Receivable
- Prepare and mail out invoices at least once or twice weekly
- Attend Pre-Convention meetings
- Check credit applications and approve or deny credit based on findings; maintain file for approved/denied credit based on findings; maintain file for credit reference checks
- Respond to credit card charge backs
- Create City Ledger accounts based on Sales Department BEO's daily
- Post City Ledger (admin and lockbox) and miscellaneous payments
- Prepare weekly summary on status of 60 day plus accounts each Friday for Owners and General Manager
- Maintain daily balancing of Accounts Receivables
- Distribute daily Sales Department function sheets with the City Ledger numbers to Front Desk, Restaurant and Audio Visual Departments
- Maintain storage of old records with account numbers, description etc, assist with the annual removal of records to offsite storage
- Attend Accounts Receivable meetings as requested by the General Manager and/or Director of Finance
- Assist with guest's questions or problems as required
- Aid in the taking of monthly Food & Beverage inventories
- Reviews and enters invoices into Accounts Payable subledger ensuring proper expense coding for each invoice.
- Verifies outstanding balances with Vendors by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions and performs related follow up
- Filing invoices and other paperwork as needed
- Assist if needed with any other duties including monthly counting of banks
- Participate in monthly Safety Committee, Blue Energy CARE Committee and/or any other employee related meetings and discussions
- Order department supplies
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance or Controller that are considered necessary and appropriate for the successful operation of the Accounting Department.