Clean and maintain all items and surfaces in designated areas, ensuring hotel's standards of cleanliness.
REPORTS TO: LSupervisor.
All public hotel space including front entrance, lobby areas, restaurants, public restrooms, elevators, pool areas and service areas including employee locker rooms, offices and Housekeeping department.
Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- under variable noise levels.
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- around dust and/or mite hazards.
- around chemicals.
- around bio-hazards.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Previous experience in cleaning public buildings.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Experience in hospitality industry in similar position.
- Previous guest relations training.
- Exert physical effort in transporting _____ (40 pounds) to _____.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 8’ inches/feet.
- Remain in stationary position for ____ minutes/hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.Desirable:
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Ensure security of any assigned keys and beeper.
- Review assignment sheet and update completed assignments. Check with Floor Manager and Dispatch office for additional assignments throughout the shift.
- Review assigned area and complete general removal of any trash or debris.
- Stock cleaning carts with designated supplies and equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and wax floor; remove non-floor closet items and transport to proper storage areas.
- Clean designated areas with proper chemicals, tools and equipment.
- Ensure that nothing is stored in stairwells.
- Transport any food and beverage trays/items in public areas to service areas.
- Check under furniture for debris and remove if present; reposition furniture to correct floor plan.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages to Supervisor. Dust and polish all woodwork.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture, including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, air vents.
- Clean all lamps, light fixtures and light switches; check for proper working condition.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, frames and ledges; wash windows as assigned.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from house/public phones and reposition properly. Replace soiled/damaged phone books.
- Remove dust on drapes weekly and realign to correct position daily.
- Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris, polish planters.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from doors and door frames.
- Remove stains, scuff marks, and dust from baseboards, ledges and corners.
- Polish all brass surfaces.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays and ash urns in public areas.
- Remove trash; debris and cobwebs from balconies/patios.
- Empty vacuum cleaner bags, replace and clean machines.
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from public and employee bathroom mirrors, vanities, sinks, toilets/urinals, shower walls, shower curtains and floors.
- Replace facial and toilet tissues, paper hand towels, soaps in correct amount and location.
- Stock trays vending in public and employee bathrooms.
- Sweep front entrance daily.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Dispatcher.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the Security.
- Ensure security of hotel property.
- Turn in assignment sheet and punch out.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Install cleaned or new drapes.
- Assist Floor Attendant as assigned.
- Stock Housekeeping department supplies.
- Ensure that all floor care equipment undergoes scheduled preventative maintenance.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.