Climb a step higher in your hospitality career at the sophisticated Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel in Iselin, NJ. Situated between Edison and Woodbridge Township, our hotel offers employees close proximity to attractions including Menlo Park Museum and Rutgers University— and the dynamic sights and sounds of New York City are just a short train ride away. You'll service guests who enjoy our bold style and customized comfort in spacious guest rooms and suites that include free Wi-Fi, plug-in technology and flat-panel TVs. Our event planners please groups with productive meetings and vibrant social soirees when utilizing one of our 22 gathering spaces totaling over 25,000 square feet of flexible space. We cater to our guests with both indoor or outdoor pools and a modern fitness center—and we count on our knowledgable, service-oriented staff to keep our hotel head-and-shoulders above the rest. Join us and see where the Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel can take your career today!
Responsible for acting as a contact person for banquet functions. Also responsible for supervising banquet staff, ensuring that functions are set correctly, helping with paperwork, linen inventory and training of staff.
The purpose of this position is to manage, plan and direct the banquet operations including service, and set-up of service. The position will report to the Banquet Manager and will partner closely with the Catering/Sales and Culinary departments to ensure the banquet operations can meet the demands of the clients successfully. General Responsibilities
* Oversees all banquet service operations and ensures that all banquet service details are executed. Assist in ensuring that the events are on time. Make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
* Review Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) at the beginning of each shift to ensure room are set as contracted. Confirm and setup A/V equipment needs to contract for the event.
* Responsible for the performance of the banquet service staff, including direct supervision of the banquet staff. Provides leadership to the staff in the absence of the Banquet Manager
* Collaborate with Catering/Sales, Food & Beverage managers and the Culinary team to ensure that quality service is provided for all meeting and banquet guests.
* Manage the cost and quality control of banquet services.
* Be an active liaison between the guests and other hotel staff to ensure outstanding customer service while maintaining company procedures and complying with company policies
* Maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, safe environment.
* Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from guest to Banquet Manager
* Perform monthly inventories and order supplies as needed in collaboration with the Banquet Manager
* Work closely with Guest Services and Maintenance to schedule and perform transportation of supplies and equipment as needed throughout the Resort
* Complete administrative tasks as assigned by Banquet Manager
Minimum of 2 years experience in Banquets, Food & Beverage, Conference Services or a related discipline is required.
Excellent written and oral communication skills required
Positive interpersonal and customer service skills required
Strong project management skills required
Proficiency in the following software required; MS Word, Excel
Ability to perform the physical requirements of position
Frequent standing with some walking and sitting
Will stand for long periods of time
Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs
Occasionally lifts/carries up to 50 lbs
Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel, stoop or crouch repeatedly
Software Powered by iCIMS