Climb a step higher in your hospitality career at the sophisticated Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel in Iselin, NJ. Situated between Edison and Woodbridge Township, our hotel offers employees close proximity to attractions including Menlo Park Museum and Rutgers University— and the dynamic sights and sounds of New York City are just a short train ride away. You'll service guests who enjoy our bold style and customized comfort in spacious guest rooms and suites that include free Wi-Fi, plug-in technology and flat-panel TVs. Our event planners please groups with productive meetings and vibrant social soirees when utilizing one of our 22 gathering spaces totaling over 25,000 square feet of flexible space. We cater to our guests with both indoor or outdoor pools and a modern fitness center—and we count on our knowledgable, service-oriented staff to keep our hotel head-and-shoulders above the rest. Join us and see where the Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel can take your career today!
Seeking an experienced, ambitious, well groomed Catering Sales Manager to join our Team of Hospitality Professionals!
Plan, organize and manage the in house details for mid to large group and convention bookings (e.g. Guest rooms, menus, set-up, etc.) and catered events. Participate in negotiating meetings/functions, rooms, rates and all related requirements. Ensure maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality product. Focus on execution of all aspects of event planning including coordination from the signing of a group contract forward, VIP needs, amenities, group resumes, and rooming lists.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
CUSTOMER SERVICE FOCUS
To be recognized by our customers as the best in our business by ensuring world class service in every touch point of our business from our associates, guests, owners and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote on a daily basis will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence.
• Responsible for the management and planning of meetings/conventions and related activities. Attends Banquet Event Oder (BEO) and staff meetings and perform as a team leader for all hotel department staff participating in the event delivery process.
• Coordination of all group business as developed by the sales manager. Contact and appropriately follow-up on all signed/contracted business upon receiving appropriate turnover within 48 hours (2 business days).
• Maintain well documented, accurate, organized and up to date file management in order to serve client and the employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
• Develop customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system including trace dates and references resulting in superior account service.
• Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
• Follow up on all client needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
• Focuses on revenue-generating activity and maximizes selling time through retaining accounts/clients, maximizing account yield opportunities and sales effectiveness through skilled forecasting.
• Detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Prepare the appropriate resumes, BEOs, and paperwork to ensure quality service within appropriate time frames.
• Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction and repeat business.
• Improve hotel convention services' products through; (a) participate in the development of new sales tools, menus, themes, and decorations, (b) participate in the analysis of the strengths and weakness of our competitions product, and (c) analysis, understanding, and satisfaction of our customers needs.
• Monitor and control individual client event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
• Liaise with the banquet and banquet kitchen departments to ensure timely deliverance and execution of the event.
• Attend and lead pre conference meetings. Coordinate the pre-con between the client and hotel staff and review the details of the BEO with all parties.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
• Participate in task forces and committees as required.
• Requires a working knowledge of banquet/catering food and beverage services, policies or operations.
• Requires compiling facts and figures in accordance with established procedures.
• Communication skills required to provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests.
• Excellent hearing necessary for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
• Excellent vision necessary to view set-ups.
• Excellent speech communication skills required for verbal interaction with guests and associates.
• Excellent literacy necessary to read BEOs, process gratuities and payroll, etc.
Education And Experience
• College Degree Preferred
• Minimum of 2 years comparable experience in similar role.
Prior Catering Sales experience with track record of accomplishments is required. Well rounded in hotels, upscale catering halls, and kosher catering a must. Must be flexible to work weekends and Holidays EOE/AA
Computer literate, CI/TY experience a plus. Meeting Matrix
Software Powered by iCIMS