Location: Hilton Raleigh North Hills
Position Summary: Under the guidance of the Food and Beverage Chef, plan and direct the daily functions and short and long-term objectives of all Food and Beverage outlets to meet the needs of the hotel.
- Provide services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guests needs, provide guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
- Encourage and build mutual respect and corporation among team members.
- Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Communicate and provide information to managers, supervisors, co-workers and subordinates effectively.
- Explore new business opportunities and communicate to the F&B Chef.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose best solution and solve problems.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Inform and / or update executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Ensure expectations and objectives are clearly communicated.
- Establish challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
- Coach and support food and beverage leadership team to effectively manage wages, food and beverage costs and controllable expenses to include restaurant supplies, uniforms, etc.
- Review findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with food and beverage team and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Work with food and beverage team to determine areas of concern and develop strategies to improve the department's financial performance.
- Monitor the department's actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Ensure cash and liquor control policies are in place in food and beverage areas and are followed by all related associates.
- Empower associates to provide excellent guest service and strive to improve service performance where needed.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and hold staff accountable for successful performance.
- Share plans to take corrective action based on comment cards and guest satisfaction results with hotel leadership.
- Coach team by providing specific feedback to improve performance.
- Ensure associates are treated fairly and equitably.
- Bring issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Implement effective marketing techniques to showcase restaurant, promotions, specials, etc.