Front Office Manager will lead our Front Office Team to ensure the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the hotel, and to provide exceptional levels of service throughout our guests' stay.
The Front Office Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the front office guest services team and bell staff. The Front Office Manager will assure guest service standards are being applied consistently and that all hotel and department policies and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of the front office staff; schedule, plan and assign work.
- Develop and communicate departmental strategies and goals.
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards.
- Analyze guest satisfaction data and develop and implement plans to achieve established goals related to guest satisfaction scores, front desk activities, Priority Club enrollments, etc.
- Control labor costs & expenses, and maximize profitability within all areas of the front office. Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy
- Responsible for the daily room inventory management process. Actively monitor group blocks to determine room availability for sale.
- Monitor and communicate fluctuations in occupancy to operational departments so they can effectively manage staffing requirements and increase efficiency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Two years combined prior front desk and supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and relate to guests’ concerns and work well in groups.
- Strong interpersonal and employee relation skills are a must with the ability to mentor, train and develop staff. The ability to motivate and drive the staff is essential.
- Must have a strong knowledge of computers, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.
- Must be able to handle multi-tasking and be goal- and results-oriented.
- Must have strong time management skills to meet deadlines.