Located on the southern tip of Lake Union, the Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Downtown hotel is perfectly located for business and employment opportunities. Our proximity to Lake Union allows visitors to take in some of the Pacific Northwest's majestic scenery and enjoy outdoor activities like kayaking and sailing. An ideal venue for business, corporate and social events up to 125 people, our hotel has over 2,000 sq. ft. of versatile space and a complimentary business center. State-of-the-art A/V technology and our helpful staff will guarantee your conference, cocktail reception or wedding is a success. Tastefully decorated and flooded with natural light, each of our 222 guest rooms and suites offer everything you need to relax and stay productive. Unwind in the bar, and enjoy American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner in our restaurant.
Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Downtown can mean for you!
Assistant Front Office Manager/Front Desk Supervisor position that includes hourly pay plus overtime pay for any hours worked over 40 hours a week with manager benefits including being eligible for Manager annual bonus program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages all aspects of front desk operations for assigned shift. Work along with Front Desk Agents greeting all guests, assisting with check in/out process and handle all guest assistance concerns that come up during shift.
• Monitor performance and works with Front Office Manager on recommending corrective and/or disciplinary action, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in according with company policies and procedures. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Communicate to staff any VIP, Priority Club, or special needs or requests and follow up on execution.
• Communicate and assist in achieving departmental guest satisfaction, revenue and profit goals and objectives. Manager labor costs and expenses within budget.
• Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security.
• Throughout shift conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Correct any deficiencies. Train appropriate staff on procedures for Front Desk to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts including Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
• Will serve as “manager on duty” primarily evenings and weekends.
High School Diploma or equivelent.
One or more years front office/guest services experience preferrably including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must speak fluent English.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time to interact with others; customers, employees and third parties.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions and training
• Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are sued often.
• Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk.
• Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing.
Position is required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Note: The hotel functions seven (7)days a week and twenty-four (24) hours per day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize this face and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move an employee from their accustomed shift as business demands.
Drug test, back ground check, and reference checks are conducted upon job offer.
Software Powered by iCIMS