Unwind at the Hilton Boston Woburn, a hotel in Woburn, MA just minutes from Boston in Cummings Park Business Center and 20 minutes from Logan International Airport.
Relax in a guest room or upgrade to a suite with a separate living area and conference table. Reserve an Executive Room for exclusive access to the Executive Lounge with complimentary breakfast from Monday through Friday and complimentary evening snacks from Monday through Thursday. Our hotel offers complimentary transportation within a five-mile radius. Visit Boston attractions, ride the nearby Commuter Rail and discover the excitement of downtown Boston, or dine out at local Woburn restaurants.
Positioned close to a wide range of businesses, our hotel in Woburn offers over 10,000 sq. ft. of meeting space in 13 versatile function rooms. Host your special event, wedding or corporate meeting for up to 700 Guests and relax while the dedicated events staff takes care of the details. Stay in touch with high-speed internet access throughout the hotel and make use of the fully equipped, 24-hour business center.
Work out in our modern fitness center with the latest cardiovascular equipment and weights, or rejuvenate with a swim in the heated indoor pool. Unwind at the Rivet bar with a game of pool, a beverage, and some lighter dining options from our signature tapas menu.
To manually set up, break down, and service all meeting rooms in accordance with Pyramid Hotel Group high standards of quality. To collect all service ware and allocate in accordance with event order to supply function.
• Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the work.
• Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest. This includes considerable physical activity in transporting awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance-floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
• Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
• Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
• Mandatory attendance for monthly departmental meetings.
• Practice "Teamwork" and "Clean as you Go" policies.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Groups from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotel Groups rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Ability to understand verbal English sufficient to understand verbal job requests from supervisor and guests.
• Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 80 lbs. through a crowded room. This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school or any other combination of education training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School graduate preferred.
Prior banquet experience preferred but will train the right candidate.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Software Powered by iCIMS