Located on the southern tip of Lake Union, the Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Downtown hotel is perfectly located for business and employment opportunities. Our proximity to Lake Union allows visitors to take in some of the Pacific Northwest's majestic scenery and enjoy outdoor activities like kayaking and sailing. An ideal venue for business, corporate and social events up to 125 people, our hotel has over 2,000 sq. ft. of versatile space and a complimentary business center. State-of-the-art A/V technology and our helpful staff will guarantee your conference, cocktail reception or wedding is a success. Tastefully decorated and flooded with natural light, each of our 222 guest rooms and suites offer everything you need to relax and stay productive. Unwind in the bar, and enjoy American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner in our restaurant.
Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Downtown can mean for you!
The purpose of this job is to perform the duties of Security Officer in accordance with company standards for satisfactory performance. Position is overnight security from 11pm to 7am - Two nights a week mainly weekends (Sat & Sun)
Essential Job Description: Patrols hotel premises to maintain order, enforce regulations, and ensure observance of applicable laws by performing the following duties. Essential duties and responsibilities are as follows (other duties may be assigned):
1. Patrols lobbies, corridors, guest rooms, and other hotel areas, confers with management, interviews guests and employees.
2. Interrogates persons to detect infringements and investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalisms, accidents, illness, violations of policies, and any other loss related event.
3. Patrols hotel areas to detect/report and/or control fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
4. Warns or ejects troublemakers, and cautions careless persons.
5. Responds to, controls, provides and obtains assistance for victims of accidents and/or illness. Also reports on such in documentation.
6. Notifies staff of presence of persons with questionable reputations.
7. Assists management and law enforcement officers in emergency situations.
8. Controls all situations in a calm, professional, and hospitable manner.
9. Completes daily logs and incident reports.
10. Follows lost and found procedures.
11. Conducts daily key inventories and reports and variances.
13. Enforces package pass procedures.
14. Responds to alarm notifications.
15. Assists with emergency/evacuation training and processes.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED. One year security experience, and/or three years military preferred.
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate clearly with guests, customers, supervisor and fellow employees.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to use appropriate judgement in determining situations requiring immediate/emergency response and action.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CPR certification. First Aid certification.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently is required to use hands, and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Company does require drug testing and background check upon job offer.
Software Powered by iCIMS