The all new Hilton Birmingham at UAB is located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, AL, ideally situated in the city's vibrant Southside neighborhood. It's a great place to work! Only seven miles from Birmingham International Airport (BHM) and adjacent to the University of Alabama (UAB) campus, the Hilton Birmingham is only two blocks from the Five Points South Historic District, and within walking distance of seven hospitals including UAB Hospital, Kirklin Clinic and Children’s Health Systems. Our guests enjoy retreating to our completely renovated guest rooms while our new restaurant, The Lab Bar & Kitchen deliver southern inspired food and drinks with a local twist. We have 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and event space plus a dedicated event and catering staff, and we're an attractive venue for business meetings, conferences and special events that can handle up to 900 guests. Working here, you'll have access to the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and can attend UAB graduation and sporting events. You'll also be able to explore Birmingham’s history as an industrial city at the Vulcan Park & Museum and Sloss Furnaces, and learn about events in U.S. history that affected our city at the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. When you're not working at the hotel, you may want to spend a day at the Birmingham Zoo & Botanical Gardens or the McWane Science Center, or attend races at Barber Motorsports Park. We're always looking for dedicated, service-oriented employees who want to build their career in the hospitality industry. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Hilton Birmingham at UAB can mean for you!
The role of a cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests. Guest satisfaction in our outlets revolve around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in all stations areas of the kitchen. As a Line Cook you will be expected to work with associates to ensure guest satisfaction. A Cook will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving challenges and involve a Manager when needed.
(Core duties or tasks which are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job)
· Sets up station according to outlet guidelines.
· Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
· Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Chef.
· Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
· Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
· Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen.
· Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
· Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
· Comply with the standards as prescribed by The Lab’s extraordinary service culture.
Must be able to speak, read and understand cooking directions
Software Powered by iCIMS