The all new Hilton Birmingham at UAB is located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, AL, ideally situated in the city's vibrant Southside neighborhood. It's a great place to work! Only seven miles from Birmingham International Airport (BHM) and adjacent to the University of Alabama (UAB) campus, the Hilton Birmingham is only two blocks from the Five Points South Historic District, and within walking distance of seven hospitals including UAB Hospital, Kirklin Clinic and Children’s Health Systems. Our guests enjoy retreating to our completely renovated guest rooms while our new restaurant, The Lab Bar & Kitchen deliver southern inspired food and drinks with a local twist. We have 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and event space plus a dedicated event and catering staff, and we're an attractive venue for business meetings, conferences and special events that can handle up to 900 guests. Working here, you'll have access to the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and can attend UAB graduation and sporting events. You'll also be able to explore Birmingham’s history as an industrial city at the Vulcan Park & Museum and Sloss Furnaces, and learn about events in U.S. history that affected our city at the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. When you're not working at the hotel, you may want to spend a day at the Birmingham Zoo & Botanical Gardens or the McWane Science Center, or attend races at Barber Motorsports Park. We're always looking for dedicated, service-oriented employees who want to build their career in the hospitality industry. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Hilton Birmingham at UAB can mean for you!
· Superior Beverage skills and the ability to learn and execute a market leading beverage program.
· Top Notch customer interface skills.
· The ability to work well under pressure and great organizational skills.
· Skills in describing in a concise manner complex recipes and the correct description of unusual ingredients and preparations.
· The ability to use or learn to use a POS system ( in this case Micros)
· Be knowledgeable of the menu and bar programs and possess the ability to describe both in a concise and interesting manner.
· Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
· Verbally receive and call back customer orders in a friendly manner.
· Report all customer complaints to manager on duty.
· Respond proactively to prevent customer service situations.
· Answer telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving venue greeting, directions to venue, and receiving and filling customer orders.
· Knowledgeable in the layout of the hotel and market venue and can direct guests to other offerings and products that will meet their needs
· Maintains efficient, friendly service.
Must be able to handle guest requests and/or complaints
Software Powered by iCIMS