The all new Hilton Birmingham at UAB is located in the heart of downtown Birmingham, AL, ideally situated in the city's vibrant Southside neighborhood. It's a great place to work! Only seven miles from Birmingham International Airport (BHM) and adjacent to the University of Alabama (UAB) campus, the Hilton Birmingham is only two blocks from the Five Points South Historic District, and within walking distance of seven hospitals including UAB Hospital, Kirklin Clinic and Children’s Health Systems. Our guests enjoy retreating to our completely renovated guest rooms while our new restaurant, The Lab Bar & Kitchen deliver southern inspired food and drinks with a local twist. We have 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and event space plus a dedicated event and catering staff, and we're an attractive venue for business meetings, conferences and special events that can handle up to 900 guests. Working here, you'll have access to the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and can attend UAB graduation and sporting events. You'll also be able to explore Birmingham’s history as an industrial city at the Vulcan Park & Museum and Sloss Furnaces, and learn about events in U.S. history that affected our city at the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. When you're not working at the hotel, you may want to spend a day at the Birmingham Zoo & Botanical Gardens or the McWane Science Center, or attend races at Barber Motorsports Park. We're always looking for dedicated, service-oriented employees who want to build their career in the hospitality industry. Find out today what a career with Pyramid Hotel Group at the Hilton Birmingham at UAB can mean for you!
(Core duties or tasks which are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job)
· Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
· Clean and sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
· Clean service and coffee bar areas.
· Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
· Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
· Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
· Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
· Receive and process all customer payments in our point of sales system.
· Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, pastries, or breakfast sandwiches
· Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
· Verbally receive and call back customer orders in a friendly manner.
· Report all customer complaints to manager on duty.
· Respond proactively to prevent customer service situations.
· Accurately ring sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Answer telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
· Weighs, grinds and packs coffee per customers’ orders according to The Lab guidelines.
· Up sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
· Maintains efficient, friendly service.
Must be able to handle guest requests and/or complaints
Software Powered by iCIMS