One of the newest hotels to join the Pyramid Hotel +Group Family, the Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Desert is centrally located in the resort city of Palm Desert, CA, and only 12 miles from Palm Springs.
Boasting 198 suites, over 10,500 square feet of meeting space and our restaurant, Sonoma Grille, our hotel is not only a great place to stay, it's an even better place to work!
Find out today what a career at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Desert and Pyramid Hotel Group can mean for you!
The Engineer will maintain the hotel's assets through ongoing preventative maintenance programs and ensures that all mechanical systems are operating in accordance with standards. Promotes quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs all hotel equipment, including kitchen, laundry, boiler, plumbing, pool, HVAC, electrical and guest rooms.
- Maintains rooms in optimal operating condition by performing repairs as needed. Repairs televisions, phones, clock radios, etc. Replaces or repairs damaged bathroom/kitchen fixtures and executes general plumbing as needed. Maintains the overall appearance of the room; replaces broken mirrors, hangs fixtures, does touch-up painting, etc. Repairs and maintains room's heating/ventilating/air condition systems. Uses both power and hand tools regularly in a safe, efficient manner.
- Understands the Preventative Maintenance Program. Prepares preventative maintenance cart for use each day. Performs preventative maintenance throughout the hotel; including both the front and heart of house, interior and exterior. Maintains the condition of hotel lobbies and public areas. Repairs furniture and decorations as necessary. Repairs carpet, tile and laminates as necessary. Repairs and maintains laundry/housekeeping equipment. Repairs/replaces windows and mirrors. Maintains exterior of buildings and grounds as necessary.
- Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing routine equipment checks and repairs.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains and assists in the cleanliness of maintenance work areas.
- Assists in the maintenance and cleaning of pool and spas; handling all pool chemicals in a safe manner.
- Handles master set of keys in accordance to hotel standards for overall security of hotel.
- Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities
- Make rounds of the hotel property to ensure everything is in working order.
- Complete maintenance requests, take equipment and meter readings and maintain log to notify the next shift.
- Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Handle elevator breakdowns.
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Chief Engineer.
Software Powered by iCIMS