The Houston Marriott Westchase is the largest full-service Marriott hotel in Houston. We offer over 600 renovated guest rooms and more than 40,000 square feet of event space, including the 10,000-square foot Grand Ballroom, two boardrooms and 18 additional meeting rooms. Come join our elite staff of committed hospitality industry professionals and help us deliver best-in-class guest experiences. We are conveniently located off of Beltway 8 and Westheimer. Our friendly and positive atmosphere makes us an ideal place for guests — as well as employees!
We're seeking a sharp, At Your Service Agent (PBX).
This Agent operates the switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls by performing the following duties. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Uses private branch exchange (PBX) switchboard to connect interoffice and house calls.
2. Answers, screens, and routes outside and in-house calls.
3. Supplies information to callers and records messages.
4. Keeps record of requests placed by guests and ensures requests are completed.
5. Completes work orders for the engineering department.
6. Performs clerical duties such as filing, stuffing envelopes, etc.
7. Operates radio system to relay in-house messages and information.
8. Updates telephone directory in telephone computer system.
9. Opens and closes DID lines in meeting rooms and runs necessary reporting for posting calls.
10. Inputs wake up calls.
11. Places welcome calls to guests.
12. Understands and can react to emergency situations and procedures.
13. Utilizes PBX and front office computer system.
• Ability to communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
• Attend to each call in a courteous and efficient manner, using correct telephone etiquette.
• Maintain and be familiar with a directory of information that contains, but is not limited to, what is in the hotel's surrounding area, so guest requests and questions can be answered pertaining to recommendations.
Software Powered by iCIMS