Here's your opportunity to join a newly renovated dynamic upscale property with exciting changes on the horizon! We are looking for a vibrant customer-focused Food & Beverage professional to join our team.
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Cook will work closely with the Executive Chef & B to achieve high satisfaction scores.
The Cook is responsible for preparing food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
- Prepares food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Ensures daily production chart is properly filled out to standards.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product (i.e., stocks and sauces needing special attention), and portion control size.
- Keep all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
- Ability to read and perform Use Record Specifications.
- Ensure all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition. Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor, or per hotel procedures.
- Practices "Teamwork" and "Clean as you go" policies. Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in the work station.
- Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes, requires stamina for standing and strength for lifting and moving products.
- Ability and willingness to work all stations in the kitchen.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Comply with local health department standards, i.e., safe temperatures and sanitizing solution. Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is required to stand for long periods of time; reach, bend, kneel, stoop, climb; push and pull items weighing up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a related food service position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.