Nestled in Perimeter Summit and surrounded by ultra-chic neighborhoods like Buckhead and Brookhaven, the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina features a lavish urban hotel with the comfort and sophistication of a resort. From dining at Villa Christina to specialty drinks at The Barrel Room, the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina offers all the convenience of city dining with the luxury, elegance and hospitality of our southern suburbs.
The property is undergoing a comprehensive renovation of the Villa Christina restaurant, Market, and a newly created Regency Club Lounge, to be completed in early 2020. We are seeking a dynamic and hands-on Director of Food & Beverage to lead the food and beverage team through this renovation and repositioning of the Villa Christina restaurant and Market.
To achieve marketing, sales, profitability and quality service goals for the Food & Beverage Department by developing and executing marketing strategies. Preparing and executing the budget, providing quality service to the guests and employing leadership and managerial skills effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but not limited to are the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Attains food and beverage sales goals by executing marketing strategies and controlling costs.
- Prepares market plan by developing strategies to increase market share. Analyzes sales, reviews competitive surveys and develops new plan. Executes market plan by implementing agreed upon strategies. Utilizes effective management practices in order to set goals, develop strategies, evaluate results and adjust strategies as required.
- Plans and implements quarterly food and beverage initiatives, capitalizing on local and special events, holidays, trends, and market conditions. Communicates these initiatives in advance through clearly defined initiatives provided to the GM and F&B team. Follows up, evaluates, and communicates results of initiatives.
- Achieves profitability goals for restaurants, bars, catering and room service while providing the guest with quality service
- Develops the food and beverage budget by reviewing the recommendations and trends, preparing and presenting a budget package to the General Manager. Implements the approved budget. Monitors revenues and costs on a daily basis and takes corrective action where necessary. Controls costs by adhering to standards of operations for forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, payroll control and other expense management systems.
- Maintains 30/60/90 plan for food and beverage department overall as well as assists managers with their departmental 30/60/90 plans within F&B to ensure cohesion in direction of the department as well as the hotel.
- Conducts one-on-one meetings with direct reports on a bi-weekly basis. Maintains written notes about the content of meetings, including evaluation of executed events, initiatives, and plans, as well as future plans.
- Assists direct reports with the completion of administrative tasks and reporting as needed to ensure deadlines are met consistently.
- Ensures that menu engineering supports marketing goals by selecting menu items and recommending prices based on competition and market trends. Assists Executive Chef in the creation of restaurant, catering, and special event menus within required deadlines and with completed costing.
- Coordinates between departments within food and beverage to ensure smooth operation on all sides; makes decisions on process and delegation of duties as needed to accomplish this. Communicates changes promptly and regularly to the General Manager and any other affected departments.
- Ensure that all applicable laws, SOPs, brand standards, and best practices are followed in all departments, including health department.
- Ensures that department training goals are executed on an on-going basis; monitors training and follow-up to ensure all employees and managers receive the necessary training and re-training. Ensures that management utilizes “train the trainer” skills while conducting training programs.
- All other duties as assigned by the General Manager.