JOB OVERVIEW: Front Office Night Manager must manage all aspects of the Front Office areas which may include but is not limited to guest registration, bell services, concierge services, telephone services and guest services to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability. Adhere to all hotel standards and desk merchandising.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the Front Office staff. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
• Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
• Ensure guests receive prompt professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfactions.
• Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the Front Office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the property.
• Creating and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies.
• Monitor and controlling labor costs and expenses, and achieving revenue and profitability goals.
• Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
• Train appropriate staff on procedures to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
• Interact with outside contacts:
o Guests to ensure total satisfaction
o Regulatory agencies regarding safety and emergency matters
o Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
• May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned including assisting line staff with their job functions during peak periods.
• Payroll administration
• Follow the principles of CARE and the Four Disciplines of Associate Success
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent education plus at least two years front office/guest services experience including supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
• Must have excellent customer relations skills and leadership capability.
• Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Must have excellent leadership capability and customer relations skills.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Software Powered by iCIMS