SMERFE, T&T, Corp Group
Reports to Regional Director of Sales & Marketing
Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and solicit past and new business to maximize hotel revenue and profitability in assigned market segments. Responsible for soliciting new group sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in assigned market segments.
* Solicit new and existing accounts through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication, in order to meet revenue goals.
* Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
* Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
* Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
* Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
* Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings as required.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree plus 1 - 2 years' hospitality experience; or equivalent education & experience required
* Strong closing skills
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
* Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
Must possess and effectively apply computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Working Knowledge of SalesPro and Opera would be an asset
Experience in Washington, DC market is preferred.
Software Powered by iCIMS