The Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel provides competitive wages and a fun working environment for all employees. We are also very proud to offer the following benefits:
- 50% discount on RTD Eco bus/light rail pass
- Free Team Member meals
- Free covered parking
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) and company match offered after 90 days
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Holiday pay
- Discounted hotel rooms (Marriott brands and Pyramid Hotel Group Hotels)
- 20% discount on dining experiences at Marriott hotels
- Educational reimbursement
- Cigna health insurance health club and weight loss benefit
- Bonus program
We are seeking a dynamic individual who is motivational, passionate, and fun! We want you to lead our Front Office Team to ensure the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the hotel, and to provide exceptional levels of service throughout our guests' stay.
The Front Office Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
- Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Communicate to staff any VIP, special needs or requests and follow up on execution.
- Observe front desk staff and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, guests are handled both courteously and professionally, proper identification and credit are established and all posting, cash transactions, account settlements and deposits are handled correctly.
- Observe front desk staff, bell staff, concierge staff and telephone attendants and ensure that their duties are completed in accordance with established policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, calls are handled both courteously and professionally, calls are answered on a timely basis and the proper greetings are used, messages and faxes are handled correctly and efficiently, guest complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner, and ensure follow through.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions. Facilitate new-hire and on-going training.
- Direct and assist front desk staff and telecommunications in organizing breaks, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and according to schedule.
- Be visible in the lobby and at the desk throughout the shift.
- Review daily all VIP arrivals, special requests, in-room amenity deliveries, package requests or deliveries expected. Ensure rooms are assigned appropriately for arriving guests and room inspections are completed for pre-arrivals as requested and/or appropriate.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with team.
- Attend weekly Staff meetings to review upcoming groups and events, participating on behalf of the entire front office
- Attend weekly Operations meeting with fellow department heads to discuss operations, challenges, needs, ideas, etc.
- Participates in weekly revenue/strategy call to discuss STR Report, forecasting, history, upcoming groups, sell strategies, etc.
- Ensure team is informed with the contents of the Resume Binder daily and acts on all information that pertains to the guests or client needs.
- Drive the Front Office recruitment process: needs assessment, interview, hiring
- Facilitate monthly department meetings
- Promote teamwork and remain flexible in the work environment. Assist fellow team members whenever necessary. Promote a positive work environment where everyone’s ideas are valued and considered.
- Keep informed of all sales programs and promotions. Inform staff of all such programs.
- Maintain awareness of all relevant Renaissance and Marriott brand standards and take necessary steps to ensure that we meet or exceed these standards and customer expectations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.