BOSTON HARBOR HOTEL
The PBX Operator will operate the Hotel switchboard, in an efficient, professional and courteous manner, maintaining Five Star Service Standards. The Operator will respond to guest inquiries in regards to Hotel Information, Dining Information, and direct calls as appropriate to the Hotel personnel.
Must have at least one (1) or more years of related guest experience, with experience in Hospitality preferred.
This is a temporary full-time role, candidates must have availability to fulfill this role.
The primary responsibilities for the PBX Operator will include but are not limited to:
- Uses private branch exchange (PBX) switchboard to connect interoffice and house calls.
- Answers, screens, and routes outside and in-house calls, in an efficient manner, maintaining Forbes Standards.
- Keeps record of requests placed by guests and ensures requests are completed.
- Operates radio system to relay in-house messages and information.
- Opens and closes DID lines in meeting rooms and runs necessary reporting for posting calls.
- Inputs wake up calls.
- Places welcome calls to guests.
- Understands and can react to emergency situations and procedures.
- Utilizes PBX and front office computer system.
- The smooth functioning of the entire hotel telephone system relies upon the ability of the telephone operators to properly handle all outgoing, incoming and internal telephone communication.
- Initiate the positive guest experience with the hotel.
- Relied upon to coordinate emergency communications to the fire and emergency response units.
- Understand all hotel emergency procedures and coordinate communications during fire, health and elevator emergencies.
- Accept all messages for in house, expected arrival and function guests and ensure their efficient and timely distribution.
- Review daily listings of upcoming hotel events.
- Develop general hotel operational background to provide information to guests.
- Report telephone related problems to Front Office Manager.
- Assist guests with dialing instructions as requested.
- Accept time and charges from outside operators; deliver to Front Desk to ensure the timely posting of these charges to the guests account.
- Process paperwork as directed during off peak periods.
- Complete competitive survey on a daily basis.
- Maintain neat and orderly work area.
In addition to performance of key responsibilities, this position may be required to possess a combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, along with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively with a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgment in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft Office suite products.
The Boston Harbor Hotel is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.