Duties include completing audits of hotel transactions during evening shifts. Also assists with greeting guests at the fronk desk and processing check-in/out transactions. Ability to work evening and/or overnight shifts, good customer-service and communication skills, attention to detail and flexible work schedule required. Previous night auditing experience a plus!
Balance and audit for accuracy of all hotel revenues while acting as the overnight Hotel Host. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Balance and audit for accuracy room revenue, food and beverage revenue, cashier's reports, and guest and house accounts and telephone revenue; assisting the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues. Balance and audit for accuracy.
- Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of hotel features/services, rates, packages/promotions, and daily counts.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
- Keep bank secure at all times.
- Meet with Supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
Communicate shift pass on to all front office associates at the end of each shift.
- Access all functions of computer system.
- Set up workstation with necessary supplies.
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
- Process all guest check-ins.
- Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
- For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
- Register guest in the computer and generate a registration card. Verify registration card information with the guest.
- Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
- Advice guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them. Inform guest of room safe and room key procedures.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements.
- Accommodate room changes.
Document all guest requests, complaints or problems. Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
- Take record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
- Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave message.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests; personally set/log each requested wake up call.
- Present folio to guest and resolves any disputed charges.
- Settle guest accounts, including resolving any late charges, processing check-outs/express check-outs.
- Retrieve guest room key from guest and solicit guest comments on their stay.
- Handle requests for late check-outs.
- Conduct group check-ins/outs.
- Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures, including making change for guests, cashing guests’ personal checks/travelers’ checks.
- Count and secure bank. Balance and drop receipts.
- Complete designated cashier reports.
Ability to assume other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager
- Must be a service minded individual with a positive attitude who truly enjoys helping others.
- Must be quick on their feet and adept at handling stressful situations seamlessly.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50lbs.