Responsible for maintaining, setting up, food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings and other food items prepared in the broiler and saute stations, as well as the grill and other stations as needed.
Prepares all hot food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal for sauteing, in the preparation of all menu items. Ensures daily production chart is properly filled out to standards.
Checks and controls the proper storage of product (stocks and sauces needing special attention), and portion control size.
Keep all refrigeration, storage and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with Health Department regulations.
Ability to read and perform Use Record Specifications.
Ensure all equipment in working areas is clean and in proper working condition.
Practice "Teamwork" and "Clean as you go" policies.
Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in the work station.
Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes, requires stamina for standing and strength for lifting and moving products.
Ability and willingness to workall stations in the kitchen.
Attend monthly departmental meetings.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Groups from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel and must be flexible to perform the scheduled needs on a consistent basis.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotel Groups rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
Comply with local health department standards, i.e., safe temperatures and sanitizing solution. Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
Perform other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
Assist the General Manager in planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling the hotel. Responsible for hotel operation in the absence of the General Manager. Develop maximum profits through cost and labor control. Maintain the highest standards of quality in service to the guests, including cleanliness of guests’ rooms and associated facilities, and security for hotel patrons and employees. Direct and organize the Food & Beverage function within the hotel in order to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service, and merchandising to maximize profits. Participate in total hotel management as a member of the resort Executive Committee.
50% Direct and coordinate with the Director of Outlets, Executive Chef and Banquet Manager, the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure maximum profits, at the highest standard of service and quality, including food production, equipment use and control, banquet service, room service, beverage service, restaurant service and food and beverage purchasing. Ensure the cleanliness of all food and beverage facilities including the restaurant, lounges, banquet rooms, storage rooms and kitchen. Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments. Clearly describe, assign, and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various outlets and other sub-departments under his/her supervision; conduct appropriate meetings and coordinate with the other department heads to ensure that proper communication leads to guest satisfaction and maximum profit and productivity. Participate with the chef, outlet managers, and catering and convention service managers in the creation of attractive menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market and maximize profitability of Banquet and Catering offerings. Assist all Operations area managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
10% Direct the function of Operations Management and planning in conjunction with the General Manager to meet the daily needs of the hotel, including, but not limited to, staffing, forecasting, controlling and supervising. Ensure that all employees are trained for their positions to maximize service, production and efficiency; control staffing, maximize profits and control costs. Carry out all policies established by Pyramid and the General Manager and operate the hotel in the absence of the General Manager, following internal, regional and Pyramid policies and procedures; prepare reports requested by the General Manager and Pyramid.
10% Oversee, understand, support and coordinate with the Director of Rooms to ensure that housekeeping, reservations, front desk, concierge, bell staff, transportation, and security procedures are established to maximize production.
10% Understand, support and coordinate with the Chief Engineer and to ensure that the property is maintained and all mechanical equipment is in good working order; ensure the implementation of a preventative maintenance system, work-order system, landscaping and energy conservation program.
10% Oversee, understand and support the Director of Security, to ensure the property is safe and secure at all time. All policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
5% Understand and participate in plans for marketing, attend Sales meetings and sales strategies along with attending Revenue meetings and understand the strategies for Revenue Management.
5% Understand and participate in the budgeting process, the balance sheet, accounts receivable, month end package, payroll and cash flow.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Participate in the development of short and long term financial and operational goods of the hotel.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Rooms and Food & Beverage Disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Ability to apply supervisory/management soft skills.
Must possess communication skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals, employees and/or hotel guests.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.