Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for all Human Resources Team Member related activities. These activities include recruitment, training, performance management, benefits, employee relations, health and safety, and other team-based activities. Specifically, a Human Resources Coordinator will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Initiate recruitment activities, using iCIMS.
- Input data into the hotel payroll system and communicate with payroll to ensure accuracy.
- Manage all Human Resource administration and onboarding activities.
- Support Human Resources activities, including onboarding, work experience program, training materials, and Team Member opinion surveys.
- Serve as the point of contact for Team Member issues, advising the Human Resources Director as appropriate.
- Work closely with Department Managers to ensure compliance with local ordinances.
- Keep current with employment law, human resources policies, and training requirements.
- Assist in determining training requirements and support training initiatives.
- Assist in the organization of Team Member events.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for cleaning and maintaining designated areas of the hotel and responding to guest requests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, the Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean designated areas including, but not limited to, restrooms, public areas, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms
- Perform tasks including, but not limited to, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, cleaning/waxing floors, removing and disposing of trash and emptying ashtrays
- Greet guests in a friendly manner
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
- Stock and maintain supply rooms, as needed
- Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example: mattress flipping, furniture moves, etc.), as needed
- Deliver guest requests and assist in cleaning guest rooms, as needed
The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning guest rooms and responding to guest requests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, the Room Attendant is responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean guest rooms as assigned, including, but not limited to, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming
- Change and replenish bed linens, towels and guest amenities, as needed
- Perform deep cleaning tasks, as needed
- Stock, maintain and transport housekeeping supply cart on a daily basis
- Dispose of trash and recyclables
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Perform guest turn down service, as needed
We are seeking a passionate hospitality professional; strengths in service, thorough knowledge of the Banquets experience, and exceptional service attitude, for the position of Banquets Supervisor at the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing. The Banquets Supervisor will supervise the execution of Banquet Event Orders, according to Catering instructions, client preferences and established hotel service standards.
The primary responsibilities for the Banquets Supervisor will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Banquets Management Team with directing the day-to-day activities and assignments of the Banquets Staff.
- Oversee the Banquet Service team, in the execution of their duties and adherence to the Hilton standards of service.
- Provide guidance, instruction, and follow-up with Banquet Houseperson staff particularly as it relates to the care and maintenance of the facility and equipment.
- Accurately execute all policies with improvement to quality, service and operations.
- Inspects all function rooms prior to service, to ensure room is maintained, and reports any discrepancies to Engineering.
- Engage in ongoing development of Banquet staff while holding the team accountable for performance and maintaining standards.
- Provide guidance, instruction and follow-up with banquet housemen staff particularly as it relates to the care and maintenance of the facility and equipment.
- Communicate as necessary with clients to ensure full guest satisfaction.
- Monitor team member’s work with a detailed eye in an organized fashion to ensure timeliness, adherence to standards and accuracy.
The Maintenance Engineer II will respond to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision. Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio). Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and shut-offs for buildings. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed. Assure each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on basic equipment (e.g., small pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., mixing valve trouble shooting and sink repair or replacement unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties.
- Must handle surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough cleanup of the painting or repair area.
- Use the Lockout/Tag out system in required SOP before performing any related maintenance work.
- Display working knowledge of all engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, energy management, and other systems, including devices that interact with such programs.
- Repair or replace PVC copper pipe (including soldering) as needed.
- Display the ability to train and mentor others engineers (e.g., Engineer I).
- Display ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds.
- Display the ability to contact and direct contractors in the absence of engineering management.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards anticipate and address guests service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Other duries as assigned.
The Food & Beverage Manager oversees all aspects of food and beverage operations, including outlets and banquets. The F & B Manager will report to the Director of Food & Beverage and will work closely with Executive Chef and Banquet Manager to achieve high score of food and service quality. Responsible for budgets and cost control measures, quality standards, guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction.
We have an opening for a Front Office Supervisor to fulfill the crucial role of effective and smooth running of Front Office organization, maintaining customer satisfaction and problem resolutions in an efficient and professional manner.
Responsibilities of the Front Office Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- To give a warm welcome to all the guests, especially the VIP's and to provide them with the best possible guest service.
- Monitor and review the checklist of all the arrivals and departures.
- Use management skills to resolve guest concerns and relocations.
- Supervise the operations of the Front Office to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Maintain an environment where guest service agents have everything they need to do their job proficiently and take care of customers appropriately.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- To overview and ensure the smooth operation of all the activities of the front office.
Greets and registers guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing's high standards of quality.
The Front Desk Agent will:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hotel's marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office area.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers’ checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Take ownership of guests’ challenges and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Summon bell-staff assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
- Provide safety deposit boxes for guest by pulling the box from the vault and carrying it to the customer. File access slips in room order.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function of the computer.
- Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
- File registration cards in room number order.
- Retrieve registration cards from the files for each check out.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor such as assisting PBX operators or reservations agents.
The Door Ambassador is responsible for giving personal assistance to guests and visitors and is the first step in the overall check-in process. The Door Ambassador greets every new guest and assists with luggage and offers parking needs, and also help in access to transportation, hailing cabs, etc.
As a front-line representative of the Hotel, the Door Ambassador contributes to the creation of a positive impression of the hotel by exhibiting excellent drive service to all guests and performs duties in a professional and courteous manner.
The Door Ambassador will:
- Contribute to teamwork and harmonious working relationships with co-workers within the hotel to help ensure the highest quality of customer service.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Remain calm and attentive, especially during heavy hotel activity, emergencies and from driving in the local community.
- Ensure that vehicle and guest movement is flowing in safe and efficient manner at all times including drive is running smoothly and the valet ramp is being used to maximize the benefit for all guests of the hotel.
- Provide excellent service to all customers, striving to exceed their expectation, to ensure continuous improvement of the Hotel’s customer focused environment. Exemplify excellent customer service toward guests, visitors and coworkers. Show courtesy, compassion, and respect. Communicate with all guests in a positive and professional manner. Contribute to teamwork and harmonious working relationships.
- Be responsible for overall cleanliness of the front drive, and cleaning any areas that need attention.
- Respond to work station on time, with essential equipment to perform duties.
- Provide courteous, expedient and quality valet services, while observing safety regulations.
- Assist customers with luggage and information as needed.
- Greet incoming guests in a polite and professional manner, assisting by opening vehicle doors.
- Ensure that all transactions (tickets) are turned in daily.
- Report unauthorized vehicles, accidents or anything unusual to proper management.
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding and explaining all parking policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of parking policies by accurately answering customers’ questions.
- Abide by the company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the company’s customer service standards and their relationship to each job functions within the parking operations.
- Responsible for contributing to the overall facility appearance.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for guests, visitors and employees by reporting any hazards or unsafe conditions.
- Immediately report observed housekeeping or maintenance issues.
- Report any extraordinary/unusual activities to management.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotels from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotels rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Clean and polish carts and other equipment used in the department.
- Answer the Valet phone and provide information as needed.
- Maintain an alert and attentive demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor.
The Housekeeping Supervisor reports to the Executive Housekeeper and assists in the management of the department. This position requires a varied work schedule (evenings, nights, and weekends).
Duties include: the coordinating & supervising of the housekeeping staff, ensuring that the guest rooms, hotel facilities, and public areas meet all standards related to comfort and aesthetics, assisting with scheduling, inspections, inventory control, and revenue forecasting and working closely with other departments.
The primary function of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to assist the Executive Housekeeper in the hotel facilities in a clean and sanitary condition for the safety and security of our guests and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests’ needs
- Committed to making every guest is satisfied
- Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
- Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
- Implements and practices guest service initiatives and performs to Hilton Brand Standards
Housekeeping Supervisor Duties
- Ensure that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards of cleanliness to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenue.
- Supervise, train, support, and monitor room attendants, turndown attendants, and housemen
- Ensure that housekeeping services are completed in a first-class manner.
- Provide guests with professional, efficient, prompt and courteous service
- Assign daily tasks to the housekeeping staff.
- Inspect and ensures all rooms have been assigned and serviced each day --Coaches employees as required.
- Responsible for clear and effective communication between housekeeping and other departments.
- Fill in for staff where necessary.
- Order supplies as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Report all work orders to engineering/maintenance any and all problems needing repairs.
- Create a courteous friendly, professional, work environment through open line of communication.
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standard.
- Inspect and maintain hotel rooms daily.
- Maintain a regular deep cleaning program, a monthly planner consisting of a project a day. Floor/carpet care. Flipping of mattresses (Keeping records/check lists).
- Assist Executive Housekeeper in maintaining a monthly linen inventory (order as needed).
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Pyramid Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with the Pyramid Hotel Group standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Other duties as required
- Maintain an overall clean and safe hotel for our guests as well as our employees, establishing and maintaining quality control
- Utilizing the proper equipment and supplies for the efficient and economical operation of the hotel.
The Sales Manager is responsible for representing the hotel's services and facilities to prospective clients and customers in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. We are seeking someone who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, is organized and able to multi-task. Specifically, the Sales Manager would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Respond to sales inquiries from potential clients and customers seeking sleeping rooms, meeting space, food and beverage services, etc.
- Initiate new sales, prospects and qualifies leads and solicits potential clients
- Host and entertain clients and maintain client accounts
- Conduct property site visits and answer questions
- Determine rates, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, service accounts and analyze lost business for the hotel(s)
- Develop sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established revenue and room night goals
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
The Night Auditor will report directly to the Front Office Manager and the Director of Finance. The Night Auditor will balance and report on the various areas of the hotel (e.g., rooms/front desk, food and beverage outlets, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure hotel policies and procedures are followed and to prevent fraud. During the overnight shift, the Night Auditor will perform the duties of a Front Desk Agent and act as Manager on Duty.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome packet containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Audit, balance, post and report on the front desk to include but not limited to; room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc., to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Audit balance and report on all food and beverage outlets’ (e.g., restaurant, bar, lounge, banquets, room service) cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc., and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely information.
- Audit, balance and prepare, verify and report on room information to provide rooms management with a picture of how they are performing.
- Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports.
- Balance and close all bank ticket codes, daily.
- Run night audit final after ensuring all revenues are in balance nightly.
- Perform the duties of a Front Desk Agent and act as Manager on Duty.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Proficient and adaptable in working with computers.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in hotel front desk operations (Experience in OnQ preferred)
- Accounting background preferred but not required.
- At least 1 year of experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- Must be a team leader and a team player.
- Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests and supervisors for optimum operation of the property
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to work independently; Inspired to perform without outside help
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed for an extended period of time
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials
- Proper lifting techniques required
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
Other: The hotel functions seven (7) days a week and twenty-four (24) hours per day. All employees, both management and hourly, must realize this fact and be aware that at times it may be necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift as business demands.
We offer competitive wages, bonuses and outstanding benefits after your ninety first (91st) day of employment inclusive of paid time off, medical/dental/vision, short term disability, life, accidental, and critical illness insurance coverages as well as a 401(K) retirement plan. We are a drug-free work place; pre-employment drug screen and criminal background required. We participate in Everify. EOE/M/F/D/V
The Security Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the daily supervision and training of Security Officers/Guards to ensure the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, the Security Supervisor is responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Patrol the interior of and the perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions
- Coordinate and lead response to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property
- Promote safe work practices
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Initiate preliminary investigations into incidents and write reports and ensure accuracy of necessary documentation
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Perform duties of a Security Officer, as needed