Click column header to sort
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for all Human Resources Team Member related activities. These activities include recruitment, training, performance management, benefits, employee relations, health and safety, and other team-based activities. Specifically, a Human Resources Coordinator will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Initiate recruitment activities, using iCIMS.
- Input data into the hotel payroll system and communicate with payroll to ensure accuracy.
- Manage all Human Resource administration and onboarding activities.
- Support Human Resources activities, including onboarding, work experience program, training materials, and Team Member opinion surveys.
- Serve as the point of contact for Team Member issues, advising the Human Resources Director as appropriate.
- Work closely with Department Managers to ensure compliance with local ordinances.
- Keep current with employment law, human resources policies, and training requirements.
- Assist in determining training requirements and support training initiatives.
- Assist in the organization of Team Member events.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Maintenance Engineer II will respond to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision. Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio). Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and shut-offs for buildings. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed. Assure each day’s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repair on basic equipment (e.g., small pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., mixing valve trouble shooting and sink repair or replacement unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties.
- Must handle surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough cleanup of the painting or repair area.
- Use the Lockout/Tag out system in required SOP before performing any related maintenance work.
- Display working knowledge of all engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, energy management, and other systems, including devices that interact with such programs.
- Repair or replace PVC copper pipe (including soldering) as needed.
- Display the ability to train and mentor others engineers (e.g., Engineer I).
- Display ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds.
- Display the ability to contact and direct contractors in the absence of engineering management.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards anticipate and address guests service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Other duries as assigned.
We have an opening for a Front Office Supervisor to fulfill the crucial role of effective and smooth running of Front Office organization, maintaining customer satisfaction and problem resolutions in an efficient and professional manner.
Responsibilities of the Front Office Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- To give a warm welcome to all the guests, especially the VIP's and to provide them with the best possible guest service.
- Monitor and review the checklist of all the arrivals and departures.
- Use management skills to resolve guest concerns and relocations.
- Supervise the operations of the Front Office to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Maintain an environment where guest service agents have everything they need to do their job proficiently and take care of customers appropriately.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- To overview and ensure the smooth operation of all the activities of the front office.
The Security Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the daily supervision and training of Security Officers/Guards to ensure the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, the Security Supervisor is responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Patrol the interior of and the perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions
- Coordinate and lead response to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property
- Promote safe work practices
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Initiate preliminary investigations into incidents and write reports and ensure accuracy of necessary documentation
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve guest issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Perform duties of a Security Officer, as needed
Greets and registers guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing's high standards of quality.
The Front Desk Agent will:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hotel's marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office area.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travellers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Take ownership of guests challenges and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Groups from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotel Groups rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Summon bell-staff assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
- Provide safety deposit boxes for guest by pulling the box from the vault and carrying it to the customer. File access slips in room order.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function of the computer.
- Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
- File registration cards in room number order.
- Retrieve registration cards from the files for each check out.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor such as assisting PBX operators or reservations agents.
The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning guest rooms and responding to guest requests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, the Room Attendant is responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean guest rooms as assigned, including, but not limited to, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming
- Change and replenish bed linens, towels and guest amenities, as needed
- Perform deep cleaning tasks, as needed
- Stock, maintain and transport housekeeping supply cart on a daily basis
- Dispose of trash and recyclables
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Perform guest turn down service, as needed