Click column header to sort
We are a full-service brand hotel in Philadelphia seeking a Restaurant Manager.
Manages, directs and organizes restaurant operations to maintain high standards of food and beverage, quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
Essential duties include:
Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, counsels and disciplines restaurant staff for the
efficient operation of the outlet. Organizes and conducts pre-shift and department meetings
communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
Schedules and directs staff in their work assignments.
Maximizes restaurant department profitability; implements effective controls of food,
beverage, and labor costs and monitors the restaurant’s budget to ensure efficient
operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses. Ensures par stock
levels are maintained[ by calculating inventory, ordering, retrieving and stocking product].
Evaluates cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develops and implements cost
saving and profit enhancement measures.
Utilizes computers to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and
draft correspondence. Inputs and retrieves data and changes computer procedures and
programs the system accordingly.
Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to
ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verifies temperatures, judges
appearance and taste of products, and checks preparation methods to determine quality.
Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments for
Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer satisfaction of the restaurant;
recommends and implements new marketing and/or operational policies and procedures
when necessary to keep up with demand and market changes; investigates and resolves
food quality and service complaints. Interacts positively with customers.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to the
restaurant as well as all local, state and federal laws and regulations; responsible for
ensuring cleanliness and proper sanitation of all work and service areas.
The Business Transient Sales Manager is responsible for representing the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing services and facilities to prospective business travel sales clients and customers within the local and national market. Specifically, the Business Transient Sales Manager would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Building and establishing relationships with local transient clients
- Respond to leads via proposals for National RFP accounts
- Responding to local corporate leads from potential clients and current customers seeking sleeping rooms and/or food and beverage services, etc.
- Creating relationships and establishing contract with F.I.T and wholesale clients
- Initiate new sales, prospects and qualifies leads and solicits potential clients
- Host and entertain clients and maintain client accounts
- Conduct property site visits and answer questions
- Determine rates, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts and service accounts.
- Develop sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established revenue and room night goals
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning guest rooms and responding to guest requests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, the Room Attendant is responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean guest rooms as assigned, including, but not limited to, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming
- Change and replenish bed linens, towels and guest amenities, as needed
- Perform deep cleaning tasks, as needed
- Stock, maintain and transport housekeeping supply cart on a daily basis
- Dispose of trash and recyclables
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Perform guest turn down service, as needed
Greets and registers guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing's high standards of quality.
The Front Desk Agent will:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hotel's marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office area.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travellers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Take ownership of guests challenges and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Groups from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotel Groups rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Summon bell-staff assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
- Provide safety deposit boxes for guest by pulling the box from the vault and carrying it to the customer. File access slips in room order.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function of the computer.
- Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
- File registration cards in room number order.
- Retrieve registration cards from the files for each check out.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor such as assisting PBX operators or reservations agents.
A Cook with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for maintaining and setting up food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasoning and all other food items prepared in the different kitchen stations. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, monitoring age and condition of all food items to rotate and maintain highest quality. Keeps all refrigeration equipment, storage and working areas clean and clutter free, complying with Health department regulations.
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products.
- Stock and maintain designated food station.
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
The objectives of the Director of Food & Beverage are to achieve marketing, sales, profitability and quality service goals for the Food & Beverage Department by developing and executing marketing strategies. Preparing and executing the budget, providing quality service to the guests and employing leadership and managerial skills effectively.
- Responsible for motivating and managing a team of front and back of the house food and beverage management.
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Participate in total hotel management as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee
- Implement and maintain F&B sales/marketing programs
- Direct and oversee development of employees
- Hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews
- Direct the implementation of the payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for food and beverage operations
- Coordinate food and beverage operations with other hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality
- Implement procedures to increase guest and associate satisfaction
- Exercise quality control for both food and beverage
- Maintaining standards of service and ensure their implementation
- Performing daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and brand standards
- Maintain communications with Corporate Staff
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect brand service standards and procedures
We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, ambitious, and well groomed candidate to join our Team of Hospitality Sales as Catering Sales Manager.
The Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for the social market segment(s) and solicitation of new customer relationships and accounts while maintaining existing relationships with current accounts.
Specific responsibilities performed to the highest standards include:
- Solicit new customer relationships while maintaining existing relationships
- Conduct external sales presentations to groups and prospective customers to solicit, explain, negotiate and secure group and local catering business
- Conduct property tours and participate in trade shows, industry and community events to promote facilities and services
- Negotiate services and prices to maximize revenue and profitability