Click column header to sort
The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning guest rooms and responding to guest requests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, the Room Attendant is responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clean guest rooms as assigned, including, but not limited to, making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming
- Change and replenish bed linens, towels and guest amenities, as needed
- Perform deep cleaning tasks, as needed
- Stock, maintain and transport housekeeping supply cart on a daily basis
- Dispose of trash and recyclables
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Perform guest turn down service, as needed
Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager will direct and coordinate activities of the hotel to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize its full potential with a balanced focus on people, product and profit.
- Supervise all operational department heads that directly impact guest services.
- Maintain positive relations with staff through timely complete communication of all items concerning their areas of supervision individually and a department as a whole.
- Analyze with each department head their goals identified and the action steps to achieve them within the identified length of time.
- Monitor progress on a set schedule and report achievements and problem areas to the General Manager, their effect on profitability and stability of hotel operations.
- Insure a positive guest experience through quality and safety of the hotel product.
The Food & Beverage Manager oversees all aspects of food and beverage operations, including outlets and banquets. The F & B Manager will report to the Director of Food & Beverage and will work closely with Executive Chef and Banquet Manager to achieve high score of food and service quality. Responsible for budgets and cost control measures, quality standards, guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction.
We have an opening for a Front Office Supervisor to fulfill the crucial role of effective and smooth running of Front Office organization, maintaining customer satisfaction and problem resolutions in an efficient and professional manner.
Responsibilities of the Front Office Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- To give a warm welcome to all the guests, especially the VIP's and to provide them with the best possible guest service.
- Monitor and review the checklist of all the arrivals and departures.
- Use management skills to resolve guest concerns and relocations.
- Supervise the operations of the Front Office to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Maintain an environment where guest service agents have everything they need to do their job proficiently and take care of customers appropriately.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- To overview and ensure the smooth operation of all the activities of the front office.
Front Desk Agent
Greets and registers guests, provides prompt and courteous service, and closes out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing's high standards of quality.
The Front Desk Agent will:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hotel's marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office area.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers’ checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Take ownership of guests’ challenges and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Summon bell-staff assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
- Provide safety deposit boxes for guest by pulling the box from the vault and carrying it to the customer. File access slips in room order.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function of the computer.
- Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
- File registration cards in room number order.
- Retrieve registration cards from the files for each check out.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor such as assisting PBX operators or reservations agents.
The Housekeeping Supervisor reports to the Executive Housekeeper and assists in the management of the department. This position requires a varied work schedule (evenings, nights, and weekends).
Duties include: the coordinating & supervising of the housekeeping staff, ensuring that the guest rooms, hotel facilities, and public areas meet all standards related to comfort and aesthetics, assisting with scheduling, inspections, inventory control, and revenue forecasting and working closely with other departments.
The primary function of the Housekeeping Supervisor is to assist the Executive Housekeeper in the hotel facilities in a clean and sanitary condition for the safety and security of our guests and team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains guest service as the driving philosophy of the operation
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to guest service in responding promptly to guests’ needs
- Committed to making every guest is satisfied
- Meets or exceeds guest satisfaction measures
- Ensures hotel standards and services contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service
- Implements and practices guest service initiatives and performs to Hilton Brand Standards
Housekeeping Supervisor Duties
- Ensure that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards of cleanliness to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenue.
- Supervise, train, support, and monitor room attendants, turndown attendants, and housemen
- Ensure that housekeeping services are completed in a first-class manner.
- Provide guests with professional, efficient, prompt and courteous service
- Assign daily tasks to the housekeeping staff.
- Inspect and ensures all rooms have been assigned and serviced each day --Coaches employees as required.
- Responsible for clear and effective communication between housekeeping and other departments.
- Fill in for staff where necessary.
- Order supplies as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Report all work orders to engineering/maintenance any and all problems needing repairs.
- Create a courteous friendly, professional, work environment through open line of communication.
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standard.
- Inspect and maintain hotel rooms daily.
- Maintain a regular deep cleaning program, a monthly planner consisting of a project a day. Floor/carpet care. Flipping of mattresses (Keeping records/check lists).
- Assist Executive Housekeeper in maintaining a monthly linen inventory (order as needed).
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Pyramid Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with the Pyramid Hotel Group standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Other duties as required
- Maintain an overall clean and safe hotel for our guests as well as our employees, establishing and maintaining quality control
- Utilizing the proper equipment and supplies for the efficient and economical operation of the hotel.