Click column header to sort
Stone 31, a trendy, upscale bistro with a little international flair thrown in. Located in the heart of the ever growing Apex Center area in Marlborough, MA. A unique opportunity for an Executive Chef to bring their talents to a brand new and growing business. We are seeking an experienced Executive Chef who is both creative and organized. The position requires a hardworking, dedicated restaurant professional with a strong culinary background that brings a positive attitude into a brand new kitchen. The candidate has the knowledge and talent to balance food and labor costs with an exciting, creative menu. Candidates should be highly dedicated, self-driven, obsessed with food quality, infatuated with the restaurant business and passionate about consistently delivering the total guest experience.
The Embassy Suites is excited to announce the opening of our brand new signature Bar and Kitchen, Stone 31.We are searching for an Executive Chef who is passionate about his/her work and equally passionate about providing outstanding customer service to all of our guests.
The Executive Chef is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel's food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff, meet corporate quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Executive Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's in all outlets.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
- Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
- Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement menus.
Are you an aggressively friendly Customer Service Professional? Would you like to work in our brand new restaurant - Stone 31 ? This is the job for you! We are looking for an experienced part time Bartender to " Wow" our guests with our new signature cocktails as well as the old time favorites. If you are quick on your feet and love to deliver a great drink, come in and see us or fill out an application on line.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Bartender, you would be responsible for making and serving beverages to guests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. This is not a Monday thru Friday job, in fact it requires a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, but it is for you if you love people and have the right attitude!
We are offering a signing bonus ! $50.00 after the first 30 days, $50.00 addtional after the second 30 days and $150.00 after completion of 90 days
We have a brand new beautiful kitchen where working is comfortable. We are paying more than minimum wage and we offer great travel benefits !! Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in a clean and orderly manner. Sweep and mop floors; wash dishes, worktable, walls, vent hoods. Empty trash and other duties as required.
We are offering a signing bonus ! $50.00 after the first 30 days, an additional $50.00 after completion of 60 days and an additional $150.00 after completion of 120 days
We are looking for talented and professional customer service oriented people to staff the Front Desk of our NEW and beautiful Embassy Suites in Marlborough. We are finishing a multi million dollar "Best in Class" renovation and we are so excited! As a Front Desk Associate you will be showcasing the beautiful Embassy Suites Hotel as well as your own well developed customer service skills as you do the following;
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hotel's marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office area.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travellers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Take ownership of guests challenges and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Pyramid Hotel Groups from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Pyramid Hotel Groups rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Summon assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
- Provide safety deposit boxes for guest by pulling the box from the vault and carrying it to the customer. File access slips in room order.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function of the computer.
- Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor such as assisting PBX operators or reservations agents.
We are ready to unveil our brand new, beautiful restaurant which has been named Stone 31 to represent the 31st stone mile marker along Boston Post Road. We are looking for professional and passionate Servers to join our team as we open Stone 31. As a Server you are responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment. We are offering a signing bonus ! $50.00 after the first 30 days, an additional $50.00 after completion of 60 days and an additional $150.00 after completion of 120 days
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant, bar and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable outlets.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Pre-bus all tables removing soiled dishes after each course.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment and established checklist.
- Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
- Keep all beverages at least ¾ full (coffee, tea, soda, water, and lemonade).
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom according to established standards.
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
- Be familiar with fire extinguishers, locations and know how to use them.
- Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect payment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
We are looking for talented Room Attendants ! We are newly renovated and beautiful ! Come and join our exceptional team. We are offering a signing bonus of $250.00 after 90 days of work
The Room Attendant:
- Cleans rooms/suites as assigned by supervisor ensuring quality of cleanliness and customer service including but not limited to vacuuming carpets, cleaning floors, dusting furniture and structural surfaces, changing linen and making beds, cleaning bathroom and bathroom items and removing trash.
- Responsible for reporting room discrepancies and maintenance problems to the supervisor.
- Replace room amenities, literature and other items as directed by supervisor and prescribed by brand standards.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance. Respond to special requests from guests.
- Team Work – Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Upholds organizational values. Assists with preventative cleaning programs as assigned.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality. Maintains cleanliness of storage room and stock carts.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards and completes work within a timely manner. Completes rooms within approved budget and time.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses chemicals and equipment properly. Wears gloves while cleaning guest rooms. Responsible for any assigned keys and for following key control policies.
- Dependability – Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at scheduled meetings and appointments on time. Is able to meet the demands of the industry with regard to working holidays and weekends.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily. Asks for and offers help when needed. Check with supervisor upon completion of room assignments before leaving for the day.
- Compliance – Report all lost and found articles and maintenance issues to supervisor. Reports all “Do not Disturbs” and “Refuse Services” to supervisor.